Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chalen chalen is offline

Default How do I prevent word from changing the date when a doc is ope

Thanks for the help. Is there a way to set my defaults so that it won't
change dates? When I open it from my email it shows todays date instead of
the creation date. This happens even when I open with out saving.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to display the field code, which will probably be DATE. Edit
this to read CREATEDATE, then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The
document will now display (and continue to display) the date it was created.
Note, however, that, if you have saved the file on your HD, the date will
likely be the date you did that rather than the original creation date of
the document.

http://word.mvps.org

"chalen" wrote in message
I opened a report that I received by email. Each time it is opened the
date
is changed. How do I prevent this?