Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Why is my table fragmenting?

Hi ?B?YXNzaXN0YW50MTExOTgw?=,

I am formating a curriculum and I have inserted several word tables and
entered text into them using the "Auto Fit to Contents" option. It was
working great, but now(several functional tables later) when I insert a table
and Auto Fit; the text goes verticaly instead of across the page horozontaly.
I end up with a long skinny table on the left hand side of the page. And
sometimes you can begin to see part of the table on the right hand side. A
very small part of the table that is fragmented and looks almost like a
ladder.
I am not sure if I just pushed something, or if the rest of my formatting
has messed up my table proccess.

Hard to be really sure...

Are you seeing this in only the one document?

Have you tried using Table/Table Properties/Columns to set an EXACT column
width? And does that "take"?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org