Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Word 2003 Mail Merge Issues - Help Needed

Hi Lisa

I can't explain WHY this happens; it's just something mail merge fields
sometimes do. But I can tell you how to get control of it, I think

1. Alt+F9 to display all the field codes

2. Now run Find/Replace to remove this text: \* MergeFormat

3. Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes

4. Test merging to a new document.

5. If there's still some instability, note which fields are a problem,
add, at the end of the field: \* CharFormat

This will force the field result to adapt the formatting of the first
character in the field code.

I pull up a blank Word document.
Add verbiage for a generic letter formatted in Times New Roman with 12
point font.
Create a new mail merge list in Word.
Insert where the datapoints/bookmarks will go.
When the data is added to the letter, all of the datapoints have
different font sizes and types!

What have I missed? Why does a Times New Roman with 12 pt font turn
into 10 pt Courier New and 10 pt Times New Roman?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org