Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Word 2003 Mail Merge Issues - Help Needed

If it is any help to you, I never use Word's built-in styles if I can
possibly help it. When I define my own paragraph styles, I always base them
on "(no style)" or other styles I have defined (i.e. I don't even base them
on Normal).

However, you may find that you can't avoid using some of Word's style names,
particularly for stuff such as footnote references and so on.

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried to locate the information on Microsoft prior to posting, but I
must have been querying the wrong phrase. Thanks so much for the
links. I will read them.

Generally, I dislike Word's styles and prefer to do my own thing. It
would probably be good to learn how to work with the beast rather than
fighting it all the time.