The drawing layer (including text boxes) is not accessible even in
unprotected sections of protected forms. Why do you need a text box? The
usual approach is to use ordinary document text. If you must have something
like a text box, you could use a frame. A text form field will expand to any
size you need, but you can make it visually larger by putting it in a table
cell of fixed size.

"BP522" wrote in message
I have a document form where I want the first section to be protected and

the
2nd section unprotected. When I protect the first section my text boxes

in
the second section disappear. Is there anything I can do?
Another option would be to protect the whole document and use text form
fields. In that case when I add the field how can I make the default

field
size bigger than 5 spaces, I'd like it to be a whole line?