Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word2007 not showing font right. CorelX3 does. New Vista machi

So long as your printer isn't set to something like "Generic text" I have no
other good ideas right now.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Windbag" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion, it was certainly needed! I looked there, but
the
only font cited as missing is Gill sans, and it is using True-type Gil
sans
instead - which sounds pretty innocuous/OK to me.

Any other ideas, anyone?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

It may be worth looking for clues in Word Office button||Word
optins|Advanced|Show document control|Font substitution...

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Windbag" wrote in message
I've been using MSWord 2007/Viista for a few weeks (previously
Word2k/Win2k).
Opened an old document that used special font. The font IS installed
on
the
new machine as Corel X3 picks it up fine. It is a TTF not an OTF,

MS word does not. It is in the list of fonts. but previews wrong in
that
drop-down box and in the document itself - it seems to be substituting
the
font for another.

Ideas of how to get my font?