Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Word2007 not showing font right. CorelX3 does. New Vista machi

What Peter was trying to convey is that Word will only display the fonts
that the currently active printer driver is capable of printing. Whether the
printer that is physically connected to your PC works or not is irrelevant.

Windbag wrote:
Thanks for plugging away, Peter.
The printer is working fine - it is what is on screen that is the
problem - I never get to see my font even there, let alone hard
copy....

Anyone else any ideas?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

So long as your printer isn't set to something like "Generic text" I
have no other good ideas right now.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Windbag" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion, it was certainly needed! I looked
there, but the
only font cited as missing is Gill sans, and it is using True-type
Gil sans
instead - which sounds pretty innocuous/OK to me.

Any other ideas, anyone?

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

It may be worth looking for clues in Word Office button||Word
optins|Advanced|Show document control|Font substitution...

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Windbag" wrote in message
I've been using MSWord 2007/Viista for a few weeks (previously
Word2k/Win2k).
Opened an old document that used special font. The font IS
installed on
the
new machine as Corel X3 picks it up fine. It is a TTF not an OTF,

MS word does not. It is in the list of fonts. but previews wrong
in that
drop-down box and in the document itself - it seems to be
substituting the
font for another.

Ideas of how to get my font?