Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
Windbag Windbag is offline

Default Word2007 not showing font right. CorelX3 does. New Vista machi

OK, just got the MS font group membership to get at the Validator download,
got it and run my font through it (not a public font - called ANouvSJB if it
helps).
and, yes, there are numerous errors.

Looking at the old PC, it looks like I used a rather old authoring program ;
Font Lab; TypeTool 1.3 (2001)
and I think I remember finding after finished that I had High Logic; Font
Creator Pro 5.0.1 (2005).

It was based on an existing font to start with and then extensively changed.

But the big one is that I seem to have copied the font to Vista fonts rather
than installed it (probably to get something to work quickly).

Anyway, once it is deleted, Vista won't then re-install it; it says it is an
invalid font file (which might be why I copied it). So it looks as though
Vista does the same checks that Word does.

I've got some major work to do for a week, but after that I'll come back here.

I've got the validator output and can put that somewhere if it will help.

If I re-author via Font Creator Pro 5.0.1 (2005) would that be a good move?

I'll pick up any thoughts you folks may have next week

Regards

Steve

PS I still think it's a bit mean that other apps can use it but there's no
option to let Word try it. I can understand a warning - then you could
ascribe problems to the font - but to shut you out completely feels a
backward step.