Graham Mayor

There is no evidence of that happening here. If you change the default font,
you get a prompt to save normal.dot (which is where the change is made) when
you close Word in order to write that change to normal.dot. I certainly
wouldn't welcome Word making any changes to normal.dot without my express
permission.

CyberTaz wrote:
Hi Graham-

Thanks for the follow-up to my post. I didn't mention that only
because in XP and '03 that is no longer the case. Even without the
check in place these versions update normal.dot when you click OK in
the confirmation box that appears after clicking the Default button.
(I'm not sure, but I thought 2000 did the same.)

It also does not matter whether you save the currently open file. The
default font change goes into effect either way.

Best Regards :)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

You will of course have to ensure that the changes are written to
normal.dot. Ensure tools options save prompt to save
normal.dot is checked and agree to save it when prompted on exit
from Word (or SHIFT+File
Save All to force a save)

CyberTaz wrote:
If you are simply changing the font formatting in a document, that
is the only one that will be affected. In order to change the
default font go to FormatFont & make the settings you wish. Then
click the Default button (lower left corner of the dialog box) and
confirm Yes to the prompt. Any new docs you create will have those
specs, but any previously created docs will not be changed.

HTH |:)

"Geoff Barrett" wrote:

I am trying to permanently change the size and color of the font.
I can do it for one time choice but doesn't seem to want to stay
as a permanent change. What am I doing wrong ?