CyberTaz

Hello Graham & Suzanne-

I certainly don't want to beat a dead horse here, and my intention is not to
challenge anyone, but I would like to better understand this issue.

Before submitting my original reply I did exactly the same thing in Word '02
& '03 with the same results. (I typically test before posting).

What I did was:

With a new blank document open-

1) In ToolsOptions I made certain that there was _no_ check to prompt for
saving normal.dot,

2) I then went to FormatFont & changed to another font, clicked [Default],
& clicked Yes to the prompt to change normal.dot

3) I then Exited from Word without any prompt to save changes to normal.dot
and clicked No to saving the open document.

4) When I launched Word again (is this not a different 'session'?), the
newly specified font was set as the default. (Does this not indicate a
'permanent' change?)

5) I just did exactly the same thing here at home where I run Office 2000 in
WinXP Pro under VPC7 on my Mac, with exactly the same results.

According to my interpretation of your postings this should not be the case:

Suzanne- persist during the Word session & If you don't save them when
you quit Word, then they are not saved permanently.

Graham- There is no evidence of that happening here. & the original
questioner did ask for 'permanently'

Please help me understand why my original post was not adequate to answer
the question? What am I missing in the subsequent posts? I certainly don't
want to misinform anyone in any way.

Thanks for your indulgence |:)

On 3/26/05 10:44 AM, in article ,
"Graham Mayor" wrote:

That's my understanding also - the original questioner did ask for
'permanently'