Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
revolution21[_4_] revolution21[_4_] is offline

Default IF field? and if so, how to set up it??

Hi again

I've another difficult (for me :P) task that maybe requires an IF
field.
I've to prepare a form for a sort of income. It works this way:

gross amount = X ("Lordo")
tax 20% = Lordo/5 ("Imponibile")
net amount = Lordo - Imponibile

in this form, inserting the gross amount it's possible to know the net
amount.
I assigned a bookmark to the gross amount text field ("Lordo"), then
another one to the function to know the amount of the tax
("Imponibile"), then the final function subtracting the tax amount from
the gross amount.
The problem is: in Italy you have two different rates for taxes: one is
20% (like in the example shown), another is 30%. I would like to allow a
choice between the two tax amounts, and then I would like that the form
will be able to calculate depending on the choice of the tax amount.
Is there a way to do that?
By the way, to calculate the 30% tax amount i used this forumla:
(Lordo x 3)/10.

thanks in advance for you help!

--
revolution21