Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default =RAND()

For me it seems to suffice to just press Ctrl+Z (Undo) after "=RAND()" is
converted to quick brown foxes.

"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
Thank you for your help. I'll take your advice. If I loose the "feature"
forever, I will not cry.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200702

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

I made an experiment and found a method that seems to disable - or maybe
rather replace - the €śfeature€ť: I created an AutoCorrect entry (Tools
AutoCorrect options) and entered €ś=rand()€ť in both the €śReplace€ť and

€śWith€ť
fields.

However, I you want to be able to enable the €śfeature€ť again, you may

not
want to use that method - it seems as if it is gone even if the

AutoCorrect
entry is deleted (so who knows, I may regret that I tried...).

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Thank you Luc for your assisstance.

While the link did not explain how to disable this feature it

suggested a
good work-around
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200702

"Luc" wrote:

Gary,
Have a look he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/DummyText.htm

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

in
bericht ...
I am using Word to document some Excel spreadsheets. In Excel
=RAND()
is a valid formula. When I enter this my my document, Word

converts it
into
gibberish.

How do I disable this feature?