Sometimes Word is doing this to oblige the printer driver (to keep the
printer from having to print landscape on the back of portrait or vice
versa). You can often override it by changing the section start type (Layout
tab of Page Setup), but you won't have much luck if you restart numbering at
1 and have selected either
"Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even," either of which will convince
Word you are duplexing. Word is smart enough to know that 1 is a recto page,
so it will convert a "Next page" break to "Odd page."

"PsyGuy" wrote in message
Letely I have been having difficulty with inserted section breaks. At

some
point I insert a section break (typically "next page"), but the document
shows "Section Break (Odd Page)" or "(Even Page)". This throws of page
numbering and other formatting, resulting in a disjointed looking

document.