Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Change .wbk directory?

If the save in 2 directories accomplishes what you want, then turnoff the
Word Backup option and the wbks will not be created.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

wrote in message
ups.com...
You are right.. I was thinking of WordPerfect.

Anyway, I tried your "save in two directories" macro and it works
well. Thanks,

What would be really nice is to add another couple of lines that would
then delete the newly created .wbk file from the directory from which
the macro was invoked. Then that directory would remain free of .wbks

In the meantime, I have put the new backup directory in an entirely
different path so I can periodically do a search in my docs directory
and all subdirectories for *.wbks and delete them all at once.

Thanks again.

Len

Graham Mayor wrote:
It was never possible. See http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm
for an alternative.

wrote:
Is it possible in Word 2000 and later editions to change the directory
where automatic backups are saved on saving of the next version of a
document?

I know it used to be possible from Tools/options/file locations/ but
backup directory no longer appears.

If so how?

Thanks,

Len