MLZ

I'm confused. On my desktop I can create a file in Word 2002 (Windows XP
Home) and click File Save As and choose my cd writer drive and it burns the
file directly to the CD. I don't have to save it to my hard drive first and
then copy it to the CD. You are saying this isn't possible in Word 2003 w/
Win XP Pro?

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

You don't save a file to a CD. You copy it over using Windows Explorer or
your CD burning software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MLZ" wrote in message
I have a new laptop with Windows XP Professional and Word 2003. I want to
create a file in Word and then save it directly to CD or DVD. When I
select
drive E (my dvd/cd writer) it says incorrect function and you do not have
access to drive E.