Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default MS Word 2003 Mail Merge Setting email Message to High Priority

As the importance has to be set separately for each email message, I doubt
that there is any alternative to using vba to send each message. Of course,
there is more in the article to which I directed you than is required to do
just that, so if you want to start from the basics, see the article "How to
send an email from Word using VBA" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm

If I was needing to do this, I would not however use mailmerge. Rather, I
would create the equivalent of a mail merge main document in which I used
{ DOCVARIABLE } fields instead of merge fields, then I would iterate through
the data source, creating a new document for each record, and loading
document variables with the data for each record and use vba to send the
document by email.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pg" wrote in message
Useful -- but complicated ! ;-)

Are there any of the below that could help me do this automatically? Even
if
for a fee?:

1) add in?
2) 3rd party freeware/shareware

Thanks

pg

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You would need to use a macro that accesses the Outlook Object Model to
do
that.

You will find a lot of what you need in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail
with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"pg" wrote in message
Performing a mail merge in MS Word 2003 ...when the email messages get
sent
out from Outlook I want the Importance button set to high (the red
exclamation mark). There seems to be no option to set this for the
purpose
of
an email merge.

Anyone?