Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default MERGEFIELDS

In that case I have been unable to reproduce the problem here. I have no
idea why this is not working if you have given us all the pertinent
information.

Have you tried it without your macro, by using the field construction in a
merge document and attaching your data file? If that works, it would suggest
that there is a problem with your vba coding.

Nathan Franklin wrote:
Graham,

I do get the value 1 if I just have that mergefield in the doc.... the
problem is I need to use IF statements to display the applicable
thing based on the value.... I don't get any format errors... But just
no value appears when using the if statement...

im not sure what to do....

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
This should work as you have it. If you merge the document with
{Mergefield PowerConnected}
what result do you get, when you think you should be getting "1"?

Nathan Franklin wrote:
Hello all,

When I do a mail merge with VB, I am trying to update a certain
value on my word document...
It is using an IF field... But on the new merged document it just
appears blank with no value

{ IF{MERGEFIELD PowerConnected } = 1 "Note: Power was connected at
time of inspection." "Note: Power was not connected at time of
inspection." }
In the data I am passing PowerConnected does equal 1 ... is there
anything you could suggest....
thanks

Nathan