Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Chris Chris is offline

Default Put table at top of second newspaper column after column break

I'm putting tables inside of newspaper columns. My first table doesn't
necessarily fill the first column, but I want the second table to be at the
top of the second column. When I use a column break after the first table, I
cannot find any way to get the second table to line up at the top of the
second column. There is always a line above the table, and any attempt to
delete that line simply deletes the column break. How can I put a table at
the top of the second column?