Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Put table at top of second newspaper column after column break

Glad I could help.

"Chris" wrote in message
Thanks! Using "Keep with next" works perfectly.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Use the same techniques described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm. In this
case, format the entire table (every row) as "Keep with next." It will be
forced into the next column without requiring a column break.

"Chris" wrote in message
I'm putting tables inside of newspaper columns. My first table doesn't
necessarily fill the first column, but I want the second table to be at
the
top of the second column. When I use a column break after the first
table,
cannot find any way to get the second table to line up at the top of
the
second column. There is always a line above the table, and any attempt
delete that line simply deletes the column break. How can I put a table
at
the top of the second column?