Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Put table at top of second newspaper column after column break

The Show/Hide ¶ button does hide Hidden text unless "Hidden text" is
explicitly checked in the View Options. But Stefan was referring to the
separate setting under Print Options, which is less likely to be checked
(and of course would affect only printing, not display).

Right you are. I could have sworn that in earlier versions the ¶ button
hid the display of hidden text as well.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
It certainly works here. Perhaps you forgot to clear the option to print
hidden text?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Hi Tony,

That does not seem to achieve the desired result in Word 2007 at least.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
You could also format the paragraph mark at the top of the second
column
as hidden text.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

I think that the best that you can do is to select the paragraph mark
(¶)
that is at the top of the column and then use format paragraph to
remove
any space before or after the paragraph and set the line spacing to
Exactly 1pt (the minimum). You probably won't be able to tell that the
table is 1pt lower.

Another way however would be to press enter at the top of the first
column to push the text in that column down.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chris" wrote in message
I'm putting tables inside of newspaper columns. My first table
doesn't
necessarily fill the first column, but I want the second table to be
at
the
top of the second column. When I use a column break after the first
table, I
cannot find any way to get the second table to line up at the top of
the
second column. There is always a line above the table, and any
attempt
delete that line simply deletes the column break. How can I put a
table
at
the top of the second column?