Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Left, Center, and Right aligned text in same header

By default, the Header and Footer styles have a center-aligned tab stop
centered between the margins and a right-aligned tab stop at the right
margin. If you have changed the document margins, you will need to move the
tab stops to the new correct location. Then type:

My Booktabpage { PAGE }tabUrgent Stuff

where { PAGE } represents a PAGE field inserted using the Insert Page Number
button on the Header and Footer toolbar. For more, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

FWIW, the article you referenced takes much the most difficult approach to
tabs; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm for easier approaches.

"Rich Pasco" wrote in message
I know this must be possible, but I sure can't figure out how.

I want to create page headers with some text left-aligned,
some text centered, and some text right-aligned. For example,
the document title on the left, the page number in the center,
and the section heading in the right, like this:

My Book page 13 Urgent Stuff

If I select any of the text in the header and click the alignment
icons in the toolbar, then the entire header is shifted.

What am I missing?

- Rich