Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Three Lefts Three Lefts is offline

Default Left, Center, and Right aligned text in same header

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:21:36 -0700, Rich Pasco
wrote:

I know this must be possible, but I sure can't figure out how.

I want to create page headers with some text left-aligned,
some text centered, and some text right-aligned. For example,
the document title on the left, the page number in the center,
and the section heading in the right, like this:

My Book page 13 Urgent Stuff

If I select any of the text in the header and click the alignment
icons in the toolbar, then the entire header is shifted.

What am I missing?

- Rich

I just remembered another way to approach your problem. You can
separate the three parts with n spaces, then center (Ctrl-E) the whole
line. Then add an equal number of spaces to the two gaps until the
left and right parts are as close to the margins as they can get. I
usually keep adding spaces until the line wraps, then delete the last
space or two. This will center the middle part between the other two
parts. It may not perfectly align the left ahd right parts with the
margins.