JD

Instead of using the document properties, you could set these values using
bookmarks (select the text, then Insert, Bookmark...), and then insert the
field:

{ REF bookmarkname }

where you want the text to appear. You then only have to update the
bookmarked text.

"Sanin R" wrote:

I'm attempting to create a template with fields such as Title, Subject,
Author that are used in multiple places. I know that I can access the
document's properties, set values for these fields in there, and right-click
& Update fields to update the values of the fields throughout the document.

I was wondering if there is a way so that I can do this without having to go
to the properties section, i.e, I can type over one of the fields, and
right-click & Update the rest of them aftewards (or even have them update
automatically when I save).

Thanks!

- S