Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Search and Replace

Replace
([0-9])([A-Z]{3})([0-9]{3})([A-Z]{2})
with
\1 \2 \3 \4

See http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

Johann Swart wrote:
I have many tables with hundreds of entries with the following
pattern: 1ABC234DE. I need to place spaces between 1 and A, between C
and 2, and between 4 and D, in other words, the entry should be
1[space]ABC[space]234[space]DE. I intend to do a separate run for
each of the 3 spaces.
For the first run, in Find and Replace, in the Find What line, I enter
(quotes not included) "([0-9])([A-Z])", and in the Replace With line,
I enter "\1[space]\2" with Use Wildcards selected. The result I get
is 1A[space]BC... .
What am I doing wrong, and is there a method of doing only one run to
insert all 3 spaces?
PS: If I should rather post this query in the Word Programming
section, please advise.