Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Search and Replace

There is a bug in F&R when replacing with found strings and literals when
Track Changes is turned on, which appears to be what you are hitting here.

With Track Changes turned off, this should work ...

Find ([0-9])([A-Z]{3})([0-9]{3})([A-Z])
Replace \1[space]\2[space]\3[space]\4
Use wildcards
Replace All

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Johann Swart" wrote in message
I have many tables with hundreds of entries with the following pattern:
1ABC234DE. I need to place spaces between 1 and A, between C and 2, and
between 4 and D, in other words, the entry should be
1[space]ABC[space]234[space]DE. I intend to do a separate run for each of

the
3 spaces.
For the first run, in Find and Replace, in the Find What line, I enter
(quotes not included) "([0-9])([A-Z])", and in the Replace With line, I

enter
"\1[space]\2" with Use Wildcards selected. The result I get is

1A[space]BC...
.
What am I doing wrong, and is there a method of doing only one run to

insert
all 3 spaces?
PS: If I should rather post this query in the Word Programming section,
please advise.