Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Default Can I run Word 2003 with Office 2007?

Actually, the genesis of the idea came from "Calvin's List". It's a long
story, but Calvin was a well-known programmer in the Foxpro community. He
later joined MSFT and became the lead developer on Visual Foxpro. He is now
working on VB.NET.

Dan

E McElroy wrote:
I'm truly amazed! Tell me at least that the idea came out of the
office of an Engineering Vice President who spends a lot of time in
meetings with Marketing and I'll buy you a lobster lunch the next
time you're in the Boston area.

E McElroy

"Dan Freeman" wrote:

E McElroy wrote:
Well I certainly don't want to start a war since I don't run as fast
as I used to. I do suspect, however, that Microsoft's Marketing
department almost certainly regards MVPs as evangelists and may well
run more interference for you in the corporate bureaucracy than you
might be aware of. Who, for instance, initially came up with the
MVP concept? Microsoft's programmers? I'm skeptical but I'm willing
to be persuaded.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The MVP program originated in the Developer Division. It resides in
Customer Service and Support these days.

Dan