Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Default How do I add a header onto my second page?

Hi, Carol. You're right if your "front matter" is more than one page, but if
it's only one page, then Different first page would be the way to go,
usually. I often do NOT use the different first page setting because it gets
confusing for most users later in the document if they insert a new section
because the second section automatically has the different first page layout
as well. So, personally, I'd use what you have suggested.
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Carol" wrote in message
In order to add a header to the second page only you must insert a Next
Page
Section break. Then you can click on View | Header and Footer and on that
toolbar click on Same as Previous to unlink it from the first page of your
document. You can then enter the text for your second page header and
click
on Close. I hope this has been helpful to you.

"JB3" wrote:

I need to add a header to my second page only but I can only seem to add
it
to both pages. Also, it is not allowing me to add page numbers to my
second
page only.