Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Move portions of multiple lines of text in a unusual way

Assuming a tab character has been used between the first and second words,
move the tab stop (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm). If there are multiple
tab characters, remove all but one (use Find and Replace to replace ^t^t
with ^t until it quits) and then set a tab stop where you want the second
column. If the words are separated by spaces, you can replace the spaces
with tabs. You could also convert the entire thing to a table and arrange
the columns as desired.

"duugg" wrote in message
Sorry if this is already posted, don't know what keywords/function names

search for. I am using MS Word 2003. I have multiple lines of text and

would
like to move portions of it in a unusual way, for example...here's some
data...

apple red
apple red
grape green
grape green
banana yellow
banana yellow

What I would like to do is to find some "non-manual" way to move the all

the
colors over by 5 or more spaces so that they all now look like this

apple red
grape green

etc

Can this be done?