Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Default Templates

No, I'm just having one of those days. FileNewDialog it is.

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 20:29:32 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Ack! Did I write FileNewDefault? It should be FileNewDialog. FileNewDefault
would add the New Document button, which, as you say, is already on the
toolbar!

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:15:37 -0400, "Jay Freedman"
wrote:

Open the Tools Customize dialog. In the File category, find the New

Blank
Document command and drag it to the toolbar or to the File menu (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm). If

you
don't want to use the task pane, drag the old button/command off and drop

it
into the document area, where it will disappear.

Ack, sorry, Suzanne is right -- it's FileNewDefault, not New Blank
Document you want. The latter button is already on the toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman