Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
LisaH LisaH is offline

Default In doc with replaceable keywords, following punctuation misbehaves

I'm creating a Word 2003 document that's to be used as a template. I've
highlighted keywords (single words, no spaces) with embedded comments that
tell the user to double-click the commented word and type over it with the
correct information.

This works fine--the keyword is replaced and the comment is deleted--except
when the keyword is followed by punctuation. Then results vary. In some
documents, for the same user with the same options, double-clicking and
overtyping deletes the keyword and leaves the punctuation. In others, it
deletes the punctuation. If I insert a space between the keyword and
punctuation, it leaves the space. Whats going on? I have the following Edit
Options set:

o Typing replaces selection
o Drag-and-drop text editing
o Use CTRL + Click to follow hyperlink
o When selecting, automatically select entire word
o Prompt to update style
o Enable click and type

Any suggestions on how I can get the punctuation to behave predictably?
Thanks in advance!