Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Default Mod Table Title on continuation pages?

You can do as follows:
1. In the first table row, type €ś(cont.)€ť as you want it to appear on the
following pages. Make sure that Table Heading Rows Repeat is turned on for
that row.

2. On top of the text €ś(cont.)€ť, create a text box or an AutoShape with the
same shading as the table row (if no shading, use white fill), thereby
€śhiding€ť the text €ś(cont.)€ť. Make sure the text box/AutoShape is anchored to
a paragraph above the table so that it will not repeat on the following pages
(it must be anchored to a paragraph that will remain on the same page as the
first table row).

In the €śAdvanced Layout€ť dialog box (opened via the €śAdvanced€ť button on the
Layout tab of the Format Text Box/Format AutoShape dialog box) I would turn
on €śMove object with text€ť and €śLock anchor€ť to best possible keep track of
the object.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Joe Presson" wrote:

Need to find a way to have a table title listed for the first page it's on,
then if there is a continuation page, the same title followed by "(cont)". I
can do a title that is the same using the heading row, but I can't figure out
how to have the (cont) show up after the title on the continuation page(s) to
show it is a continuation.
Or if I could put something on the first page just prior to the table that
would override the (cont) so it didn't appear on the first page. Snce this
is a US Government requirement for documents, WORD should support it somehow.