Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gotta question gotta question is offline

Default Why would an email(word doc.)have a vertical blue line showing?

It might be that the document was set up to track changes. While it's open,
try clicking on tools... and see if track changes is selected. If so,
deselect it, and see if that helps.

"Robin" wrote:

Hello,
I received an email message with an attached WORD document. The document
contained a vertical blue line running down the left margin of the text. What
causes this line and can it be removed? I would like to forward the message
but I do not want that line appearing next to the text.

I would appreciate your assistance. I realize that this is probably a
ridiculous issue for many people however, the line is very distracting for me
when reading the text. So I ask that someone please take pity on my situation
and help me remove that INFERNAL BLUE EYESORE!!!

I am using Outlook 2003 and Word 2003 functions as my Outlook editor.

Thank you so very much!