Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Half read-only, half form

"Read-only" and "Filling in forms" are mutually exclusive options as you
protect a Word document, so I doubt this can be done.

Why do you want users to copy text in the form?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"S. Wheeler" wrote:

I know you can have one section that is a protected form, and the rest of the
document is unprotected. Is there any way to have one section a protected
form and the rest of the document read-only?

I would protect the entire document as fill-in form, but I want users to be
able to select the non-form section - just not edit it.