Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Training Spec. Training Spec. is offline

Default Word 2007 Table with Calculation & Dropdown Fields

In the 4th column of my Table, I have 4 dropdown fields (each has scores of 1
to 5). At the bottom of the 4th column, I have a Calculated field. I have
tried
everyhting to get an Average of the 4 entries (dropdowns) in the cell. I
bookmarked the cells as "e,o,p and w" to represent the scores for Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Then I entered the formula =AVERAGE(e,o,p,w).
That did not work. Next, I tried this formula =AVERAGE(D14). That produced
an error. I tried "Calculate on Exit" with the four dropdown and with/without
"Calculate on Exit" in the formula cell. Nothing works!

If I type in some numbers in the cells, the formula works fine.

Bottom Line: What is the formula for averaging four dropdown fields?

Here's a visual of the 3rd and 4th columns of my Table:
Excel (dropdown)
Outlook (dropdown)
PowerPoint (dropdown)
Word (dropdown)