garfield-n-odie

Correction: The WP5.x converter that comes with Office XP is read-only,
but you can install the WP5.x converter from a previous version of
Office or download the old converter from Word MVP Graham Mayor's
website http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm .

garfield-n-odie wrote:

That is correct... I think it was Service Pack 3 for Office XP that
replaced the read/write WordPerfect 5.x converter with a new read-only
version because the read/write converter could allow malicious macros to
run or viruses to be installed. If you so desire, you can reinstall the
old WP5.x converter from your Office XP CD.

EltonRon wrote:

I used to be able to do this, but now the Word 2002 from Office XP
software gives me a message saying "Word cannot save files in the
WordPerfect 5.x" format (even though that is one of the choices on the
pull-down save-as menu).

It goes on to say that the converter can ONLY view Wordperfect files,
but cannot convert from Word to Wordperfect (and I have the latest
office updates, per the site update tool).