Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Display plus or minus signs on calculated table field

Use:

If Difference 0 then
....Result = "+" & Format(Difference)
Else
....Result = Difference
End If

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Fred" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply, I've successfully used DateDiff(), however that
leaves me with the problem of the +/- display.

I am required to show positive numbers prefixed with + and negative
prefixed with -. It seems that the default is no prefix for positive
and - for negative, I have tried the format of +#,##0, but, for a
negative difference I get "+-14" and a positive difference gives "+28",
so i'm part way there.

Thanks for the IsDate, i'll try that next.

Regards
Fred