Do you really need this macro? If the toolbar is displayed in the global
template, isn't it automatically added to Word's display when the template
is loaded?

"HJ" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am using a global template with a custom menu which is located at the

Menu
Bar. The global template directory is set in Tools, Options, File

locations,
Startup. In the autoexec code within the global template I set the
visibility of a few menu items, e.g.:

CommandBars("Menu
Bar").Controls("MyNewMenu").Controls("MyNewMenuOpt ion").Visible = (Some
condition that returns true or false)

This works very well with Word 2002 SP3 and Windows 2000 Professional. But
if I use this global template with Word 2002 SP3 on Windows XP

Professional
SP2 then the mentioned code returns an error, because the custom menu is

not
being loaded fast enough; or at least, it appears to me that the menu is

not
showing fast enough.

Also, if I open the global template itself with Windows 2000 the custom

menu
shows. But if I do this with Windows XP SP2 the custom menu is not shown.

I have found some references to possible problems with Adobe add-ins. I

have
tested this, but excluding and even deinstalling these add-ins did not

solve
the issue.

I am quite stumped at why this custom menu (or the global template)

behaves
like this. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

HJ