Ted Shoemaker

Default How advanced is the "replace" function in Word 2000?

Hello,

I have a long *.doc file in Word 2000. I would like to locate all the
places in that document which use red text, and insert the word "Robin"
there. Is there an easy way to do this? I don't want to slog through
the document myself, line by line. In case it helps, I'm interested
here only in the standard red color, not in the millions of custom colors.

And let's generalize that question. The "replace" function is set up to
replace text, ignoring font, placement, etc. Suppose I want to change
all occurrences of something without considering the verbal content of
the text itself (e.g. I'm looking for all uses of a certain font, color,
location on the page, etc). Is there a way of manipulating this?

Probably I'm looking for something other than the "replace" function.

Thank you for all help.

Ted Shoemaker