Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Need for clearer term to describe an existing, saved document

I think I would refer to it as an "existing" document. Unless I'm really
living dangerously, all my documents "exist" within five minutes of being
created. g

"Larry" wrote in message
This is true, but nobody says that. No one says, "check to see if the
document is a saved-as document or an unsaved-as document." So the
question is, what are the terms that Word experts use among themselves.

"Greg" wrote in message
ups.com...
Larry,

Actually we "Save As"

So, I would say we have:

A named document is a "Saved As" document