Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Changing an existing "Letter" doc to "A4" doc without Word app war

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if 1
column is already selected), then click OK. Then try again.

"Roboman" wrote in message
I have typed up a lengthy document in Word which contains text and file
inserts e.g. photos/pictures. The page setup paper settings were set to
"Letter" but have since been told I need to use "A4". If I highlight the
entire document and then try to change the setting to A4, I get the

following
message..........."Settings you chose for the left and right margins,

column
spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some
sections".

How do I establish exactly where the problem lies as I have a completely
formatted document. Is there a simple way to rectify this problem. Please
advise