Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
doublew doublew is offline

Default Changing an existing "Letter" doc to "A4" doc without Word app

Hi - I want to do the same thing (i.e. change page from Letter to A4, but
keep getting the same error message Roboman got). However, some of my text
IS already formatted into columns and I don't want to lose this formatting.
How can I change the page size?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if 1
column is already selected), then click OK. Then try again.

"Roboman" wrote in message
I have typed up a lengthy document in Word which contains text and file
inserts e.g. photos/pictures. The page setup paper settings were set to
"Letter" but have since been told I need to use "A4". If I highlight the
entire document and then try to change the setting to A4, I get the

following
message..........."Settings you chose for the left and right margins,

column
spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some
sections".

How do I establish exactly where the problem lies as I have a completely
formatted document. Is there a simple way to rectify this problem. Please
advise