Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Removing Header and Footer Sections

If you don't enter anything in the header/footer view there will not be a
header/footer. The limits of the page are set by the page margins (within
limits set by the printer driver). You cannot simply remove the function to
include a header footer simply because you don't want to add anything to it.

Gary wrote:
To clarify, when I click on the top and bottom of each page, a light
blue tab will appear and "Header -Section 1-", "Footer -Section 1-"
will be written in these light blue tabs. Can I just get rid of
these header and footer areas completely as opposed to just not
having any text or objects in them (having the sections blank). Or
are Word 2007 documents automatically formatted to include header and
footer sections and the best I can do is reduce the size of these
sections?
It seems to me there would be alot of instances where a person would
create a Word document that did not require headers or footers. So
why can't these sections just be removed from the document, if not
required?