Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

Default can I convert autonumber to text?

"amalof" wrote

page by page. I'm thinking if I could turn the autonumbers globally into
regular, editable text, It would be the easiest way (for me) to make this
document consistent in appearance.

You can turn the autonumbers into editable text by highlighting the entire
document, copying it to the clipboard, and then pasting into a new document.
In the little clipboard square that appears, choose "Keep text only". This
will replace all the autonumbers with the corresponding real numbers that
you can edit. It will however also lose all of your other formatting.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com