Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Exclude Dictionary not working?

You also need to restart Word.

Jim In Minneapolis wrote:
I need to tell Word 2007 (running under Vista) to "flag" some words.
For example, I want the speller to flag "manger" as an incorrect
spelling (I sometimes type that, when I actually meant manager)

I've tried my best to follow the Word 2007 "help" instructions . . .
. but the Exclude Dictionary does not seem to be paying attention . .
. it still accepts "manger" as an accepted word (does not flag it).

Here's what I've done . . .

TO CREATE AN "EXCLUDE" DICTIONARY:
1. C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof
2. Click on file: ExcludeDictionaryEN0409
3. Open with MS-Word
4. Type the word to ad in LOWER case only, followed by hard return
5. Save

What have I done wrong?

Thanks so much