Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flowe flowe is offline

Default Word 2000 - shortcuts Ctrl+ up/dn/pgup/pgdn don't work

To Beth Melton and CyberTaz

I'm sorry not to respond in time to your valued answers. I didn't get any
notifications anymore nor have I been able to access this NG. Using my
Favorite entry, I permanantly got an error message about this service beeing
temporarily inaccessible. Then I've been any a couple of days. I only found
it now after a clicking marathon - dear old MS persistently tried to feed me
with some German "Services". Might have to do with me using FF browser??

Anyhow: CyberTaz is right - I haven't been aware of this:

*************
At the bottom of the vertical scroll bar there is a set of dbl arrow buttons

with a round button between them - these are Browse By controls. If the
arrows are blue, it means that they have been set to Browse By... Something
other than By Page. If this is the problem...
Click the round button, select By Page - the arrows will return to black &

the keystrokes will work as you expect.

To Beth Melton: I'm not aware of any installed Adobe Add-in for Word - I'm
using PDF995 for making pdf documents. This doesn't exclude that somebody
tampered with the settings now corrected according to CyberTaz. I'll keep an
eye on it.

Thanks again
flowe