Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Line spacing and other anomalies in scanned text

Graham, thanks for that.

I've been doing some reading this morning, and I now see what you and
Suzanne mean; I'll do my level best to apply it to the document in hand.

I can see that pressing Return once to create a paragraph space could be
useful, but what happens when I want to start a new line within a paragraph?

I'm still not entirely clear on this Before and After (or both) bit. If I
type a body of text and want to create a new paragraph, then I can see that
the space I create could be said to be both After the para I've just typed,
and Before the one I'm about to type - but it's the same space, isn't it?
I'm hazy on how there could be two separate definitions fro what amounts to
the same thing.

If I have line spacing set at 1.5 throughout (for a 12pt font) and want the
paragraph spacing to be 3 lines, what value should I use in the Before and
After boxes? 24pt?

Many thanks to you and Suzanne for your help and your patience.

Bert