Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Line spacing and other anomalies in scanned text

Graham,

If you wish to start a new line within a paragraph you would press
Shift+Enter

I know you'll tell me that Word isn't a typewriter (and I can see the sense
of that argument in many instances, I genuinely can) but I fail to see how
pressing Shift+Enter to obtain a new line and Enter to create a new
paragraph is any simpler, more straightforward and more logical than using
one Enter for the former and two for the latter.

But no matter. Thanks to the advice from you and the others, I seem to be
up and running on my current document. I'm grateful!

Bert