Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Line spacing and other anomalies in scanned text

Yes, you are still thinking typewriter

99 times out of a hundred when you need a new line, you would press enter.
That creates a new paragraph. How the paragraphs are formatted should relate
to the styles applied to them.

Bert Coules wrote:
Graham,

If you wish to start a new line within a paragraph you would press
Shift+Enter

I know you'll tell me that Word isn't a typewriter (and I can see the
sense of that argument in many instances, I genuinely can) but I fail
to see how pressing Shift+Enter to obtain a new line and Enter to
create a new paragraph is any simpler, more straightforward and more
logical than using one Enter for the former and two for the latter.

But no matter. Thanks to the advice from you and the others, I seem
to be up and running on my current document. I'm grateful!

Bert