Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default multiple x-ref updating?

Keyboard shortcuts come in handy in situations when the QAT is "full." :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" skrev i meddelandet
Thanks -- I remembered the Print Preview thing but didn't know I
didn't have to burrow into the Office menu to get at it ... no room
left on my QAT! (There would be if I could remove the labels on "Show
Document Map" and "Keep With Following.")

On Feb 2, 7:51 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
Switching to Print Preview (Ctrl+F2) and then closing the preview (ESC)
is
the quickest way to update cross-references.

There is no specific command to update all fields, only to update the
selected fields (which, obviously, excludes any fields in headers and
footers).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in

I'm sure I've seen it mentioned here how to update all the cross
references at once, but Word Help Function Keys Shortcuts List doesn't
have such a thing. I've resorted to Ctrl-A to select the whole
document and then F9, but that seems to take much longer than it ought
to.