Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Last Row of Labels Prints on Next Page

Migrants from WordPerfect often find the following articles helpful:

How Word differs from WordPerfect
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/WordVsWordPerfect.htm

Some Tips and "Gotchas" for those who are new to Word
Especially if migrating from WordPerfect
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/TipsAndGotchas.htm

Is There Life After "Reveal Codes"?
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm

WordPerfect to Word converters (and why none of them are perfect)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wo...Converters.htm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you SOOO much! I should have thought of the header/footer
styles, but I didn't. I have now modified the style, the footer is
"normal" and life, as they say, is GOOD! (We are a very old, former
WordPerfect shop, so it's taking a while to fully incorporate the
styles way of life - but we Are getting it.)

Thanks again!

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
This is why we advise creating specific document templates and not
customizing Normal.dot (especially the header and footer). FWIW, you can
modify the tabs in the Header and Footer styles without actually opening

the
header/footer pane (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...fyAStyle.html), and if you do

it
this way you won't end up with an empty paragraph in the header/footer

that
throws your labels off. Alternatively, if you modify the style in a

blank
document and check the "Add to template" box, this should modify the

style
in Normal.dot without affecting its header (though I haven't tested

this).

As it is, unless you want to start fresh with a new Normal.dot, I think
you'll be reduced to using New Document for your labels and manually

setting
the header/footer margins in that document to 0".

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Word 2003 / XP2/SP2

We are having a problem printing labels so that the last row prints on
the page.
Here is our scenario:

We do not use the default 1.25" margins for our documents - we use 1"
margins. With the margins narrowed, we adjusted the footer tabs so
that the center tab is truly centered and the right align tab is at

the
new right margin. This created a formatted paragraph mark in the
footer.

I understand that it is the formatting in the footer that is causing
the labels not to print fully, so I went into the normal.dot and
reduced the footer area to .25". However, when I print a page of
labels, it is not usining my modified normal template - somehow, it is
pulling its own settings so that the footer is back at .5" and the

last
row of labels will not fit on the page.

I am sure that we are not the only company that does not use the
default margins in Word and if there is a way around this, I'd SOOOOO
appreciate the help.

Thanks!!!

C.